Trying to edit a formula, not to sum duplicates

AnotherUser99

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum. Thanks for providing this service.

I am trying to edit this formula to don't calculate duplicates, but I am not succeeding. The formula is:

Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(IF(C17<>"", IF(SUMPRODUCT((INT(Table3[Giorno Inizio])='Calcolo Giornaliero'!C17)*(Table3[Durata])*(Table3[Organizzatore]=INDEX(Table3[Organizzatore],MATCH('Calcolo Giornaliero'!$E$2,Table3[Organizzatore],0))))=0,"",SUMPRODUCT((INT(Table3[Giorno Inizio])='Calcolo Giornaliero'!C17)*(Table3[Durata])*(Table3[Organizzatore]=INDEX(Table3[Organizzatore],MATCH('Calcolo Giornaliero'!$E$2,Table3[Organizzatore],0))))),"")," ")

I will try to explain better and also leave the spreadsheet attached. The formula calculates the duration of some events from another sheet that are added automatically by a PowerAutomate script that adds in the Database Master sheet events from Google Calendar. We will take as an example the 10th of March. They are duplicates because they happen on the same day at the same time, as you can see from the screenshot below.

screenshot_20230322_122852.png

the formula I have created sums the duration of the events per each day so that I get the total in the cell of another sheet, 'Calcolo Giornaliero' what I am trying to achieve is that I want the formula to only calculate 1hour if the starting time is the same for that day

screenshot_20230322_123707.png

Instead of 15:00 in cell E17, I am expecting 12:00 after removing the duplicates from the first screenshot. Do you have any ideas on how I can modify the formula to fix it?

Find the File here

Thanks in advance for any help provided

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hi there

Maybe try the below:

Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(IF(C17<>"", IF(SUMIFS(Table3[Durata], INT(Table3[Giorno Inizio]), 'Calcolo Giornaliero'!C17, Table3[Organizzatore], INDEX(Table3[Organizzatore], MATCH('Calcolo Giornaliero'!$E$2, Table3[Organizzatore], 0)))=0, "", SUMIFS(Table3[Durata], INT(Table3[Giorno Inizio]), 'Calcolo Giornaliero'!C17, Table3[Organizzatore], INDEX(Table3[Organizzatore], MATCH('Calcolo Giornaliero'!$E$2, Table3[Organizzatore], 0)))), ""), " ")

Upvote 0
Hi @AnotherUser99

I retested your original formula and when I remove the duplicates I do get 12:00 and not 15:00... How are you removing the duplicates?

Upvote 0
Thank for trying the formula again, I know that by removing the duplicates manually it gives 12.00.

My idea was to have the formula ignore the duplicates, hy duplicates I mean the event that are on the same day at the same time.

Upvote 0
There should be a way... however I am unfortunately not getting a solution...maybe someone else has an idea...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back