trying to get a whole bunch of charts to look the same

mollycase

hi all -

i've been searching for hours now and i think i don't know the right words.

i have a several workbooks that are part of a presentation packet. the way it is now is not very "nice" looking so we're trying to reformat the whole thing for consistency.

our supervisor would like for each page to be landscape, to have the chart on the top, and a table showing at least some of the data or else a table that maybe doesn't need to be charted but is relevant.

so...my (our) problem.

i spent all day monday working on a "look" for this, focusing on one page. i got it to be the way he wants it. great. but when we try to follow this format on the other pages it doesn't work.

we've tried fooling with page scaling both % and fit to page width and /or height, page breaks, print area, etc. but if i follow the exact same formats for the page he liked it doesn't come out exactly the same, the font will be a little bigger or a little smaller, or the margins won't be just right.

how can i make a template so we can have everything come out all the same?

i've seen presentation books where they have all the charts and graphs and tables that obviously are scaled to the same proportions. the font sizes are all the same throughout.

how can i duplicate this?

thanks

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Almost all of the font text elements on a chart are sized automatically, so any change in Titles, Number lengths (from 3 to 4 digits), Number formats (thousands separators or not), number of tems plotted, etc. will cause the associated font to change size. To keep all of the text elements from changing size, you have to manually set them, then clear the 'Auto scale' option on each text element's formatting dialog.

If you get one chart set up perfectly, clear all 'Auto scale' options then duplicate the Chart sheets, you will then be able to change the source data for each chart to point to the data you want to present on that chart.

An alternate solution would be to use the macro recorder while setting up the perfect graph. From the code it records, you can create a macro to modify any chart to use the same font/spacing/width, height, legend placement, title placement, etc.

Upvote 0
Another way is to right-click on the chart and select Chart Type, select Custome Types header, and click on User Defined (bottom left-hand corner) and follow directions from there.

Whenever, you want to use the same graph again, follow the above trail once more and select your graph from the User Define gallery.

Still another way is to click on a graph you like and Cut and Paste elsewhere; change the data source and your away.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back