trying to get a whole bunch of charts to look the same

mollycase

oops - posted twice -

hi all -

i've been searching for hours now and i think i don't know the right words.

i have a several workbooks that are part of a presentation packet. the way it is now is not very "nice" looking so we're trying to reformat the whole thing for consistency.

our supervisor would like for each page to be landscape, to have the chart on the top, and a table showing at least some of the data or else a table that maybe doesn't need to be charted but is relevant.

so...my (our) problem.

i spent all day monday working on a "look" for this, focusing on one page. i got it to be the way he wants it. great. but when we try to follow this format on the other pages it doesn't work.

we've tried fooling with page scaling both % and fit to page width and /or height, page breaks, print area, etc. but if i follow the exact same formats for the page he liked it doesn't come out exactly the same, the font will be a little bigger or a little smaller, or the margins won't be just right.

how can i make a template so we can have everything come out all the same?

i've seen presentation books where they have all the charts and graphs and tables that obviously are scaled to the same proportions. the font sizes are all the same throughout.

how can i duplicate this?

thanks

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
thanks for the quick reply, john!

i checked out the post - but it's not quite what i'm looking for, if i understand it correctly. that person had a large set of data that was then transformed into different charts comprised of different amounts of that data, which should be all be consistent.

for me, though, all the charts aren't based off the same data. maybe i need to think of different way to organize the data? i wasn't around for the collection and original creation of these workbooks ("it's the way it's always been done").

am i going about this wrong way? i've done this before at a different organization and all the charts all looked the same regardless of the data or style. i don't know what is different, except i'm using Excel 2007. normally i'm good at this sort of thing!

any suggestions? i've tried searching for all sorts of things but just feel like i'm not getting to what i'm looking for. i've tried importing/pasting into publisher and powerpoint, but that just made a larger mess.

ugh.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back