trying to get text to change color based on a due date, not using confitional formatting.

mike517

Hi, I came with a formula to count 30 days out from the date in the column next to it, now I'm trying to expand on that to have it turn red if it gets to be 10 days or less to the due date. I'm running excel 365 so I don't believe I have access to the Conditional Formatting feature? as an example

A1 A2
12/14/16 1/13/17

when it gets to be 1/3/17 I want A2 to automatically turn red.

The formula I'm working off of is =IF(F3="","",(F3+30)) if that helps??

Thanks everyone!

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Yes, there seems to be a terminology issue here: I have an Office 365 subscription which gives me Excel 2016 on my desktop, and that definitely does have CF, data validation and VBA! :)

Upvote 0
shared server, Sharepoint server - two different things. Sort of
shared server is just a generic term for a server multiple people have access to
Sharepoint Server is more of a special user interface (more to it, but simplified explanation).

When you're looking at a workbook, do you see "Edit In Excel" up in the ribbon tab name area? (see it in normal web app.. not sure what sharepoint server web app interface will look like)
Click that and the workbook will open locally. You can make changes to it, which will be saved to the server. Typically, that's how workbooks should be used (imo). The web app is for remote use, simple data entry and reports...

Why are you working in the web app vs the desktop version?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sorry I'm not that tech savvy. From what I understand the call center I'm in works off of a virtual network not individual desktops. when clicking on edit in excel it tells me the program isn't loaded on the computer.

Upvote 0
Ok. so you are limited to the web app. You yourself don't have an Excel license. The company has created an account on their server for you. If they're expecting you to use Excel locally - they haven't told you how (they'd have to do stuff on their end).

If you can open the workbook with the full desktop version of Excel and configure the CF, the CF will work in the Web App.
But configuring CF in the Web App - they have not provided that interface.

Upvote 0
Conditional formatting and Data validation are both supported in the Excel web app, but only if they've been created in the desktop version first. You can't create or edit cf/dv scenarios in the web app, at least not at this time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postman24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back