Trying to help my son in college mis class on excel w/ pivot tables, simple, but I guess I dont understand prof instructions....seems simple...need he

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlakeG23

Ok, son has Trying to help my son in college mis class on excel w/ pivot tables, simple, but I guess I dont understand prof instructions....seems simple...need help ASAP badly!!!!!,,,,..ok has a spreadsheed w 7 colums about Olympic game, one for Name, Country, Sport, Medal, Age, Year, Level...ok, no big deal, then prof say do a pivot table for 1. Display the Athlete Name, and count of athletes by Country,...so far easy, right, then she wants ....ok I copied....I guess I do not understand the "Select 1 option from the pivot table......

Assignment Procedures:

1. Create a Pivot Table using ONLY the fields mentioned in the requirement.
  2. Select 1 option from the Pivot Table; then create a FILTERED spreadsheet to mimic the results already shown in the Pivot table.
  3. Copy and paste the filtered spreadsheet to the Pivot Table.
  4. Label cell A1 with your name and requirement number. Be sure to label the sheet name to the requirement number.
  5. Increase the size and bold the field in the Pivot Table and filtered spreadsheet.
  6. Return to the ORIGINAL sheet and clear the filters BEFORE creating the next Pivot table and filtered spreadsheet.
  7. Be sure NOT to leave any Pivot tables empty; drag one of the primary fields (Athlete Name or Medals) to the Values section.

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Duplicated https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel...ctions-seems-simple-need-help-asap-badly.html

Please do not post the same question multiple times. All clarifications, follow-ups, and bumps should be posted back to the original thread.
Per forum rules, posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted (rule 12 here: Forum Rules).

Note that sometimes posts from new users require Moderator approval before you can see them on the public forums. When this happens, you should see a message to that effect when you try to post it.
Please be patient and do not attempt to post the question again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back