Trying to Manipulate data from a PDF exported to XML

USFMD82

Board Regular
I tried to use the XL2BB but it doesn't seem to be working for me on my work computer. So I am inputting an image into this thread and attaching a link to the spreadsheet on my google drive. So there are some crazy security permissions on these PDF forms we get, I could not print to PDF to try to discover the form fields and export the data, it kept giving me an error. I also cant open the PDF as a word document, when I export it to excel it looks even worse than this but exporting to .xml seems the cleanest way to go. I am open to more suggestions regarding getting this from PDF into Excel.

So I can deal with 20-30 of these a day, I have to take what is in the field and input it into a spreadsheet, there could be anywhere from 1 product to 2 products I just cut it off at 2. The labels will always be the same but the data included in the form fields will always change. and usually more than what I did to it to randomize the data. In the image below the left side shows what the form looks like when exported to XML, ant the right side shows how I would like to display the data, I might also prefer to put the product #2 and so on directly under Product #1 rather than give it its own column only because the rest of the form is specific to just that entire order this is the only section specific to Product #

So if you have any suggestions on where I can begin, or if you have seen something like this before this would be a huge time saver!

I am pretty decent with formulas but I am awful at writing VBA outside of the "Record Macro" function. And as found with the XL2BB it appears my work has locked down the ability for me to use any add-ons.

OTPZcvs.jpg

Here is a link to Editable Version the spreadsheet on my GoogleDrive. Here is a link to View Only the file in case anyone messes it up.

Huge thank you to anyone who provides assistance!

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back