Trying to produce custom reports for individual players

ER_792

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi folks, I'm hoping you can help me - I am trying to bring some basic analytics to our high school baseball team, the parents are not analytical so i want to keep it as basic as possible. I surveyed each parent to source data and now would like to present back to them - i asked them 3 questions 1) who should be in the lineup in each position 2) who are the 3 best batters and 3) who are the 3 best players in the field.

I have been able to do some great basic analysis but I am now trying to write formulas to determine some more advanced metrics
- Who are the 3 players most written-in alongside a certain player (e.g. which 3 players would play with a player the most?)
- How do I create a report on a specific player e.g. this is who mentioned him, and what they mentioned him for. We want to be able to say to a player - you were mentioned 5 times at short but 8 times at 2nd. Or also people who mentioned your bat also mentioned this player and this player's bats too.

I am trying to determine if my data is in the right format - currently rows of individual parent input and columns of positions, with players names in each cell.

Thanks for any help you can give me - I have searched high and low on how to do this!

Attachments

• Ballplayers 2020a129.png
    Ballplayers 2020a129.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 5

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Hi folks, I'm hoping you can help me - I am trying to bring some basic analytics to our high school baseball team, the parents are not analytical so i want to keep it as basic as possible. I surveyed each parent to source data and now would like to present back to them - i asked them 3 questions 1) who should be in the lineup in each position 2) who are the 3 best batters and 3) who are the 3 best players in the field.

I have been able to do some great basic analysis but I am now trying to write formulas to determine some more advanced metrics
- Who are the 3 players most written-in alongside a certain player (e.g. which 3 players would play with a player the most?)
- How do I create a report on a specific player e.g. this is who mentioned him, and what they mentioned him for. We want to be able to say to a player - you were mentioned 5 times at short but 8 times at 2nd. Or also people who mentioned your bat also mentioned this player and this player's bats too.

I am trying to determine if my data is in the right format - currently rows of individual parent input and columns of positions, with players names in each cell.

Thanks for any help you can give me - I have searched high and low on how to do this!
Definitely possible using display report filter pages function when the players are a filter option (much easier to sort ultimately)
Do some research on pivot tables, will be able to display performance of a season on a graph for each player or the whole team

Upvote 0
Thank you! This helps a lot! Appreciate you pointing me in the right direction

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back