Trying to remove data rows based on Time column

goodysgotacuda

Board Regular
Hello,

I have lots of logged data, second-by-second data of a vehicle going down the road for seven days. I would like to filter some of that data for temperature graphs, things like air temperature I do not need second-by-second information on.

Within this data set, there is a date and also a time column for every temperature reading. I would like to filter the data down for every 15 minutes, so if my data started at 8:16am, I would like to have a temp reading there, then at 8:31, 8:46, etc. This would cut down the amount of data populating graphs significantly. However, I can't come up with a quick way of cutting down the data, the start and end time will vary within each data set, so I will likely need it to reference the first time stamp.

Also, each second gives me a row of data, however there are breaks in it. If the vehicle shuts off at 8pm and starts up at 8am, there is a 12hr break in time, but the data rows are right next to each other.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Thank you, I have worked with those before and am not sure that will get what I need to done, but I will look into that. I have ~200,000+ rows to work with.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back