Office Version
  1. 2016
  2. 2013
  3. 2010
  4. 2007
  5. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. Windows
I have an XY chart whos units on the X Axis is millimeters and on the Y axis is also millimeters.

I would like the chart that is plotted on the video screen to have the same physical dimension for each milimeter on the X axis as on the Y asis - in other words - i want a 1:1 aspect ratio to be displayed on the tube!

This would need to be done regardless of the screen resoluton on a particular system and needs to be compatable with Excel 2003 or newer.

Are there any funcitons within excel that can accomplish this? If so, can anyone direct me to their use.
or

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to go about doing this?

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Since no responses have materialized, I'll offer a workaround: copy the chart, then paste special | picture. This new picture of the chart may be "distorted" or stretched along either axis to approximate your desired result (to your eye). Furthermore, if your resolution is, say, 800 x 600, then you can right-click on the picture of the chart | format picture | size and properties, then UNcheck the box to "Lock Aspect Ratio", and run the Height percent up to 133% (which the 800 is, taken from the 600). I realize this workaround is dependent on the existing resolution/aspect ratio, but maybe this response will stimulate further discussion. Hope this helps...Larry.

Upvote 0
Larry
Thank you for the suggestion.

I actualy tried something like this some time ago. The problem with pasting a special picture is that it is not very compatable with Excel 2007. When I tried it the execution time went from 1 second to over 45 seconds.

Maybe we can break this problem down into smaller chunks.

Issue 1
Excel charts have a plot area that can be set up (i think). What is the significance of the plot area units relative to a document - say for example an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet size

Issue 2
Will an XY chart completely fill up the plot area - ie will a full X scale in the XY chart take up the full X plot area size. Likewise for Y

Upvote 0
The posting by Indiantrix worked very well
Thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back