Trying to use Conditional Formatting to highlight rows with duplicates in cell E, but only if the date range in cell A is in the current month.

jmmccormick

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I've read similar formulas and threads, but I'm not skilled enough to apply it to my current situation. A sample of my data would look like the attached picture. Hopeful someone can lead me in the correct direction!

Trying to use Conditional Formatting to highlight rows with duplicates in cell E, but only if the date range in cell A is in the current month. The top one would be the sample of original data, but the second table would be how I would like to format it as. Even though Frank is a duplicate 3 times, he's only duplicated 2x in the current month. Fred is in the current month, but he's not duplicated at all, so he's not highlighted.

i would like this to be dynamic, so if this same data was viewed in June, nothing would be highlighted because there are no dates in June that are duplicated by rep.
I think i would use Month( command, but can't work any of this into a usable formula.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 14

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Apply this CF formula to $E:$E.

Excel Formula:
=AND(A1>=EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1)+1,A1,"<="&EOMONTH(TODAY(),0),COUNTIFS(E:E, E1, A:A, ">=" & EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1)+1, A:A, "<=" & EOMONTH(TODAY(),0))>1)

Upvote 0
Solution
Literally worked perfect thank you so much!!!
Apply this CF formula to $E:$E.

Excel Formula:
=AND(A1>=EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1)+1,A1,"<="&EOMONTH(TODAY(),0),COUNTIFS(E:E, E1, A:A, ">=" & EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1)+1, A:A, "<=" & EOMONTH(TODAY(),0))>1)

Upvote 0
Here is a shorter version:

Excel Formula:
=AND(EOMONTH(TODAY(),0)=EOMONTH(A1,0),COUNTIFS(E:E, E1, A:A, ">=" & EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1)+1, A:A, "<=" & EOMONTH(TODAY(),0))>1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back