Trying to use countif formula, difficult to explain

Andromeda1997

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I've been pulling my hair out on this one, I've got a large range about 1249 rows with 68 columns, due to privacy agreements I cant release any screenshots of the actual spreadsheet. So I have included an example below.

1601940664594.png

So I need to count the conformity within the 'lemons' category, the lemons category contains 2 questions and so I need to know if both those questions were considered a 'Conformity'.

The problem is I need it to search for the 'lemons' category and then only check that 'person'. It cannot be specific as the 'names' would change every month so Timmy annie and john would change to another name which I have no way of predicting, so it has to be a formula that will work without it.

I cant use macros due to the business policy.

Sorry for the weird explanation, happy to answer questions

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Can you upload this sample of data via XL2BB ( see my tag) please.
Posters don't really want to retype all of that information !

Upvote 0
Can you upload this sample of data via XL2BB ( see my tag) please.
Posters don't really want to retype all of that information !

Unfortunately I cant download anything either, my computer is strictly managed by IT. Is the below okay? I don't have any formulas currently active.

LemonsLemonsOrangesOrangesOrangesPearsPears
Did they meet targetwere they sold in right regionDid they meet targetwere they sold in right regionWere oranges sale price calculated correctlyDid they meet targetwere they sold in right regionLemonsOrangesPears
TimmyConformityNon-ConformityConformityConformityConformityNon-ConformityNon-Conformity
50%​
100%​
0%​
AnnieNon-ConformityConformityNon-ConformityNon-ConformityNon-ConformityNon-ConformityConformity
50%​
0%​
50%​
JohnNon-ConformityNon-ConformityNon-ConformityConformityNon-ConformityConformityNon-Conformity
0%​
33%​
50%​

Upvote 0
Bit rough, but try
Book1
ABCDEFGHIJKL
1LemonsLemonsOrangesOrangesOrangesPearsPears
2Did they meet targetwere they sold in right regionDid they meet targetwere they sold in right regionWere oranges sale price calculated correctlyDid they meet targetwere they sold in right regionLemonsOrangesPears
3TimmyConformityNon-ConformityConformityConformityConformityNon-ConformityNon-Conformity50%100%0%
4AnnieNon-ConformityConformityNon-ConformityNon-ConformityNon-ConformityNon-ConformityConformity50%0%50%
5JohnNon-ConformityNon-ConformityNon-ConformityConformityNon-ConformityConformityNon-Conformity0%33%50%
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
J3:J5J3=COUNTIFS($B$1:$H$1,"Lemons",$B3:$H3,"Conformity")/COUNTIF($B$1:$H$1,"Lemons")
K3:K5K3=COUNTIFS($B$1:$H$1,"Oranges",$B3:$H3,"Conformity")/COUNTIF($B$1:$H$1,"Oranges")
L3:L5L3=COUNTIFS($B$1:$H$1,"Pears",$B3:$H3,"Conformity")/COUNTIF($B$1:$H$1,"Pears")

Upvote 0
Bit rough, but try
Book1
ABCDEFGHIJKL
1LemonsLemonsOrangesOrangesOrangesPearsPears
2Did they meet targetwere they sold in right regionDid they meet targetwere they sold in right regionWere oranges sale price calculated correctlyDid they meet targetwere they sold in right regionLemonsOrangesPears
3TimmyConformityNon-ConformityConformityConformityConformityNon-ConformityNon-Conformity50%100%0%
4AnnieNon-ConformityConformityNon-ConformityNon-ConformityNon-ConformityNon-ConformityConformity50%0%50%
5JohnNon-ConformityNon-ConformityNon-ConformityConformityNon-ConformityConformityNon-Conformity0%33%50%
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
J3:J5J3=COUNTIFS($B$1:$H$1,"Lemons",$B3:$H3,"Conformity")/COUNTIF($B$1:$H$1,"Lemons")
K3:K5K3=COUNTIFS($B$1:$H$1,"Oranges",$B3:$H3,"Conformity")/COUNTIF($B$1:$H$1,"Oranges")
L3:L5L3=COUNTIFS($B$1:$H$1,"Pears",$B3:$H3,"Conformity")/COUNTIF($B$1:$H$1,"Pears")
Yesssssssss

thank you!

I tried doing the countifs formula but always got an error, by this point I think I was overthinking it, thank you so much!!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back