Trying to vlookup to move than 7 spreadsheets based on shipment type

dstempke

Column A = Shipment Type (ie. NDA comm, NDA resi, NDAsaver, etc.)
Column B = Package weight
Column C = Package ship to Zone

I am trying to create a spreadsheet that will look up princing based on both the weight and zone for shipping:

=VLOOKUP(B2,'[UPSRates2008.xls]NDA comm'!$A$8:$K$159,MATCH(C2,'[UPSRates2008.xls]NDA comm'!$A$8:$K$8,FALSE),FALSE)

NDA comm is the sheet in the workbook that has the rates for NDA (Next Day Air)
The 8th row in the above sheet matches my zone.

Based on my level on Excel, I was happy with that, because it works.

Next, I want it to look in column A and have my lookup go to the appropriate table. For instance, if it say "NDA comm" then I want it to go to tab NDA comm to look up the rate. I can do this for if statements and look up 7 different rate tables, and I'd like to go to 10.

I used named ranges to simplify my vlookup. I tried linking to A2 hoping it would recognize that as the named range, but then Excel thinks that I'm just pointing to my range (which is only one cell). I don't blame Excel, this is user error. Anyone have an idea of how I can have this lookup to 10 rate tables based on the shipment type? I need to do this for MANY different companies, so manually changing for each company will take too much time.

Thank you in advance. I hope my question is clear and I always appreciate the help on this board.

Best regards!

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
You can oncatenate up to 30 groups of IF statements. Just make sure that each group end in "". For example:
=IF(A1=1,1,IF(A1=2,2,IF(A1=3,3,IF(A1=4,4,IF(A1=5,5,IF(A1=6,6,IF(A1=7,7,""))))))) & IF(A1=8,8,IF(A1=9,9,IF(A1=10,10,"")))

If you understand the above, you should be able to adapt it to solve your problem. do let us know how it went.

Upvote 0
You can use the INDIRECT function to cross reference to other tabs.

so if for example if cell A4 has the text 'NDA'!C24 then you can set b4 = INDIRECT(a4) and it will return the value from cell C24 in tab NDA. Thanks

Kaps

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back