Tutorial required

MoneyPlanters

I am a complete newbie as far as Access is concerned. What I am looking for is a complete step by step guide that will help me learn the application from scratch upto an advanced level. It could be an ebook, or an online tutorial. What I cannot invest is money. What I can invest is my sincerity, diligence and hardwork.

Please suggest if any of you are aware of any such guides.

Regards.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Suggest you google "MS Access Tutorials" You will get about 2.5 million hits. Pick one to start and then move on. As you build your first db, post back with specific questions. Also, it is a good idea to buy a book. I started with the Complete reference Access 2002 by Virginia Anderson. It was $40 on Amazon. You can probably find a newer version and used they are not much money.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much. I have visited many such websites but none of them seem to be a a good coach. A one stop solution (wesbite/book) is preferable.

Upvote 0
Suggest you consider Mike Girvin's printed book or DVD titled, Slaying Excel Dragons. The book and DVD are available from MrExcel's Bookstore.

Mike Girvin also has an outstanding YouTube Channel called ExcelIsFun. Mike's videos of course are free on YouTube. Mike also has made his Excel workbooks he uses in his book, videos, and his YouTube channel downloadable. This way you can follow along and also use them to continue your practicing. Good luck to you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back