Two identical columns in pivot with different data

aiki100

Board Regular
Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have on my issue here:

I have column ("times,") formatted as time (XX:XX:XX AM/PM) that has times in it. I have a second column ("times round,") that is referring to the first one and is ROUNDING (down) those times to 30 minutes (and formatted the same). I have a third column ("times pivot,") that is simply referencing the second, ("times round,") and is also formatted the same.

I am using the entire table that these three columns sit in with a pivot table, and am using the ("times pivot,") column in the pivot's column list. This gives me a list of all times, in 30 min increments, as column headers across the page.

There was one column labelled 1/1/00 that appeared at the end of the pivot headers (right before Grand Total), that showed data in that column - I realized that the format was wrong and once changed to time format, that column appeared as 12:00:00 AM.

Fine.

However, now I have TWO columns both listed as 12:00:00 AM. One in the far left position of the columns (where I would think a 24H progression starting with 12:00:00 AM would start), and the other 12:00:00 AM column is on the far right, right before grand total - Identical header times, but with different data showing in each.

I looked to filter the original table's column ("times pivot,") to see if the problem was there, but see nothing different to filter by, so it (must?) be happening in the pivot?

Any thoughts on what's happening so greatly appreciated, thanks!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back