Two Questions:Roundup to the max value of

mr.bank

Hi,

I have thought out an example that may help clarify what I am looking for. Say I wished to purhcase 200 bananas for 25 retail outlets. I can only ship whole bananas. Is there a function that will split the bananas out to each store in a whole number to a max of 200 for all stores.

Kind Regards,

Mr. Bank

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
If this is a clarification, the clarification should be posted to the original thread.

Upvote 0
Okay this rounds it down to the nearest integer which is great. But let me give you an example. I purchase 200 bananas. I have over 100 stores but only 25 are to recieve a portion of those 200 bananas. Each of the 25 stores must recieve at least 1 full banana to a maximum sum of 200. Any thoughts?

if you want equal distribution then

=INT(banana / stores)

Upvote 0
I think that formula would still do it.

In this case your banana count is 200
and your stores count is 25

Each store would get 8 bananas.

Upvote 0
Hi HOTPEPPER,

Yes in a simplified world. However, Lets add this problem. I am distributing these based off of a percentage of store sales. So if I have a store that has 0 sales thus they will recieve 0 product. However they must recieve at a minimum 1 unit. (taking some quantity away from all the other stores so the max that all the stores recieve is 200).

I think that formula would still do it.

In this case your banana count is 200
and your stores count is 25

Each store would get 8 bananas.

All the best,

Mr. bank

Upvote 0
Is this the extent of the problem? Because this is not what you originally asked, nor was it asked in your clarification.

Do you have a column that contains the percentage of bananas they are to receive?

Upvote 0
Yes I do (below is a simplified version. I have many logical statements eliminating stores that are not to receive bananas).

Column A
Store Identifications

Column B
Sales

Column C
Percentage of total Sales

Column D
Distribution

Is this the extent of the problem? Because this is not what you originally asked, nor was it asked in your clarification.

Do you have a column that contains the percentage of bananas they are to receive?

Upvote 0
How do you account for a store not receiving bananas? Your previous post indicated every store must receive at least 1 banana.

Upvote 0
Hi Hotpepper,

I will remove all of the sensitive information tonight and provide it to you to show what I have done.

Are you able to send me an private message with your e-mail in it.

Best regards,

How do you account for a store not receiving bananas? Your previous post indicated every store must receive at least 1 banana.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hengshankouniuniu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back