Two severe and company-breaking Excel crashes (VBE7.dll and Cannot Find Project or Library)

RockandGrohl

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have two bugs that are crippling the workflow of the company. We rely on probably 40-50 different workbooks that are very macro heavy and do a lot of talking to each other, like one is a database of adverts and the other reads it, displays adverts to select and then applies new lines to the database.

VBE7.dll

The backend of the company integrates fully with these and in the last few months we've been getting repeated crashes when opening a multitude of sheets, but one moreso than others "Automation Hub"

Every time the sheet is opened, Excel crashes with the VBE7.dll as the cause of the crash. This will happen on any PC in the company, whether it's Windows 7 or Windows 10, whether MS updates have been installed or not, or whether office is Excel 64-bit or 32-bit.

A quick solution I found was to open the sheet with macros disabled, create a new tab, save and close, re-enable macros and the sheet can now be opened.

However, that solution is too technical and I need a more permanent fix, I've found this, but the trouble is that the issue is so intermittent I will have to wait a week or two before it crashes again to see if the fix has worked or not:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ng-files/ae7d5132-988b-4300-aceb-8e9fb314bd54

ntdll.dll

This is one that happened completely out of the blue yesterday, again it seems related to the Automation Hub.

We have a portal which interfaces with the advert database, the portal holds 75 different possibilities and the Automation Hub automatically chooses the best adverts for you, which are then committed to the database as fresh lines.

Get this, right, this ntdll.dll error started happening, completely randomly, after selecting adverts for one paper and moving on to the next. Then it just started crashing every time you press "Selection Automation" to start the automation macro.

If I try and open Automation Hub manually, I get "Can't find project or library" error, and it just closes down and I can't open the VB Editor or anything.

This happened yesterday and I fixed it by moving the Hub out of the server drive, into my local drive and then opening it and removing some erroneous links that were left in. There were no more links in the document and after moving back to the server drive it was playing nicely and everything worked.

Now this morning the same issue is cropping up. When I look in event viewer, it seems to be crashing on ntdll.dll, people online haven't really found a solution.

Can anyone help? Thank you.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
The "Can't find project or library" error is pretty much always a reference problem, so start looking there. The rest I suspect will be impossible to diagnose remotely.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1step2far

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back