Two Tabs - One Static Reference Data - One I update Manually - Want to pull Data from Tab 1 into Tab 2 in correct Row

Orange777

Hi guys,

Please can you help?

I know this will be very basic... I just don't know if it's a V-LOOKUP or Index & Match - neither I am good at!

Tab 1 is data from data scraping. It pulls in from eBay in CSV (using Parse Hub) and leaves me with several unique rows of data across across a number of columns. I then paste the CSV data into my sheet

Tab 2 is where I am manually researching at the same time but from another source. Again the data is in rows with columns

There is though a UNIQUE IDENTIFIER. If the Row on Tab 1 is called 'PRODUCT ONE' the Row on Tab 2 is also called "PRODUCT ONE'

I would like to create Tab 3 and pull this data in so that I can select some new columns and make decisions.

Can anyone help? Probably SUPER SIMPLE!! I am just thick! :)

Thank you!!

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Please provide some sample data of what you currently have and then show us a mocked up solution so that we can see specifically what you are wanting. Use XL2BB to upload your sample data. Also, would be very helpful if you updated your profile to indicate which version of Excel you are using. This will expedite the response with the proper solution.

Upvote 0
Apologies alansidman - my question made sense in my head, clearly not articulated it very well. I thought it would be incredibly simple. Again... apologies.

I am on 365 (Mac) at the moment but have other options. I will update my profile with versions later as requested.

Just looking at age XL2BB add on and will read what I need to do to use the forum in future

Upvote 0

@alansidman - if you are an admin feel free to delete my question. I can't add the XL2BB onto my Mac. I will just have to type all my data from one to another. Thanks anyway.​

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back