Type mismatch error using target.value and target.entirerow.cut in WorkSheet_Change

Huhenyo

Board Regular
I'm using the following code.

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal target As Range)
    If target.Value = "CURED" Then
        target.EntireRow.Cut Destination:=Sheets("CURED").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
    End If
End Sub
I can't figure out what the problem is. The type mismatch is highlighting the second row, but I'm pretty sure the problem is in the third row. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

dmt32

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Hi,
I suspect you may be getting recursion (event runs twice) when applying that code.

Try turning events off before cutting the row

Rich (BB code):
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    On Error GoTo myerror
    If Target.Value = "CURED" Then
    Application.EnableEvents = False
        Target.EntireRow.Cut Destination:=Sheets("CURED").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1)
    End If
myerror:
    Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub
The error trap is included as EnableEvents has to be explicitly set to True

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syn_excel

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA code giving errors and stopping Excel
    Hello Experts, I have this code being used to loop through files in a file path, and copy specific data to another sheet. It is giving me several...
  • Disable MsgBox message
    Morning, I have a userform where if i leave a ComboBox empty i see a MsgBox warning me that i must enter an invoice number. It is this MsgBox i...
  • Macro Recorder into VBA, Copy Paste Data Filled Cells
    Hi Everyone, I have a macro recorder file that takes a selection of data, copies, then pastes into a new sheet on ("A2:B2") The issue is my...
  • Number format changes while pasting into a cell
    Hi, I am trying to paste a number 180204524303 from an email to an excel cell, however, whenever i try to do so , the the paste value appears as...
  • Collating data
    Hello all. Could someone please help. I am trying to pull all column data from multiple sheets (24 I total so far) into 1 master sheet without...
  • Sum Multiple Columns Based on Multiple Criteria
    I am trying to consolidate data by summing columns G through M based on material, plant, vendor, and fiscal year being identical. The period does...