Typing in dates

ALLAROUNDOFFICE

Board Regular
How can I hard code a column of cells to convert the user entered data of "042614" or "42614" into a specific date format such as 04/26/2014?

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
forum

Whatever you attempted to show us in this message did not post correctly.

Upvote 0
Then I'm stumped. All I can suggest is putting your workbook on a file hosting site like Box.com, make sure you mark it for sharing and post a link in the thread.

Upvote 0
Then I'm stumped. All I can suggest is putting your workbook on a file hosting site like Box.com, make sure you mark it for sharing and post a link in the thread.
If I type 042614 in A3, Excel changes it to 09/01/16. If I type 042614 in A4, Excel changes it to 042614...

Upvote 0
Try one of the add-ins shown in my signature line at the bottom of this message...

Upvote 0
Is there any other way around this? Can I just type in a formula instead of doing the event code thing since that is not going to work on my system for some reason...All I need is to convert the digits entered by the user to a six digit date with slashes...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
FYR.
Convert an 8-digit number into Excel-recognizable Date | wmfexcel
This is actually inspired by Rick some time ago.
I read the article, but I am somewhat of a novice on formulas. All of the cells are blank right now and the users will be typing in a date as the sale happens. As you probably know, every person types in dates differently so I want to hard code the sale date column to convert to a six or eight digit date with slashes regardless of how the user types it in..i.e. for April 26th, 2014 I've seen 42614, 4262014, 042614, 04262014, 4-26-14, 04-26-2014, etc...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksonnia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back