UDF listed twice

chihuahua

I have written a UDF and added it to an existing 'Add-in' module. The function works perfectly but when I type the '=' sign then the letters of the function, it is listed twice. Can anyone tell me why and how to remove one of them. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Hey Chihuahua,

do you mean that when you type the '=' sign it lists your function like 'function1function1' in the list of functions or does it list it like :
'function1'
'function1'

later

Ty

I have written a UDF and added it to an existing 'Add-in' module. The function works perfectly but when I type the '=' sign then the letters of the function, it is listed twice. Can anyone tell me why and how to remove one of them. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Sorry. The function is listed as
Function1
Function1

Actual name is 'NthDayOfWeek' and it is listed twice in the UDF section of Insert Function Dialog Box as well

Upvote 0
Sorry. The function is listed as
Function1
Function1

Actual name is 'NthDayOfWeek' and it is listed twice in the UDF section of Insert Function Dialog Box as well

This sounds like you may have duplicated it by accident. Either that or you may have declared it twice somewhere amongst your UDFs.

Go Developer --> Visual Basic. In the top right hand corner click on the arrow so it displays all your UDFs and see if it is listed in there twice. What version of Excel are you using?

later

Ty

Upvote 0
I am using Excel 2010. The function is listed only once and I deleted it to see if one of them would go, but both of them did. Crazy huh ? Thanks for being interested.

Upvote 0
Sorry Tyron. I went back and checked again and I did in fact have the same function listed in two different modules (in a different project as well). Thank you for your suggestion o I would never have rechecked it.. Thank you so very much-was driving me nuts !

Upvote 0
I am using Excel 2010. The function is listed only once and I deleted it to see if one of them would go, but both of them did. Crazy huh ? Thanks for being interested.

Hey Chihuahua,

Yeah that is weird.

Below I have pasted in a webpage I went to for creating UDFs. It seems pretty thorough as it breaks down the steps. Maybe it can help you figure it out. As I am using 2013 I don't think I can be successful in duplicating your situation.

How do I write a simple User Defined Function (UDF) in Excel with VBA? – Computer Aided Finance - Excel, Matlab, Theta Suite etc.

Hope this helps. If not I am sure there will be someone on with 2010 a bit later.
later

Ty

Upvote 0
Hey Chihuahua,

No problem. Glad I was able to help even though we use different versions.
Yeah, I know what you mean. One of my projects had me stumped also, but it was because I forgot to change a cell reference. And in a sheet with over 4 thousand formulas I was pulling my hair out. lol.

later

Ty

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back