UGH! Help! Pivot table filter keeps resetting

broncosrul

I have multiple pivot tables in a workbook that are all connected to the same source date. (It happens to be an OLAP cube, but I don't think that is the issue). So, since they are all connected to the same data, when I choose "refresh" on one of them then all the pivot tables refresh. The reason for multiple pivot tables is that each of the pivot tables have different filters selected so I can see different sections in the data. All of this is not an issue.

HOWEVER, on some computers (not mine) when the data is refreshed, the filters for certain pivot tables is cleared (showing ALL instead of the original filter). What seems exceptionally weird is that it isn't on all computers (could be explained by different option settings) but it also isn't on all the pivot tables on those computers.

This is hard to troubleshoot because my computer isn't affected.

Technically, they aren't choosing refresh. They are running the below macro. However, the same thing happens if it is refreshed directly in the pivot table.

Code:
Sub Refresh_Dates()
  Dim Pt As PivotTable
  For Each Pt In Sheets("Category Dollars").PivotTables
    Pt.PivotCache.Refresh
  Next
End Sub

We are all running the same excel version. Office 365 ProPlus Version 1708

Any ideas?? Or even any suggestions? The only thing that I can think of is to write code to select all the right filters on every refresh, but that seems crazy that I would have to do that.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aveternik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back