Ugly report format to per row dataset

butch3

Board Regular
I have an interesting challenge that I need help with the macro code to reorganize the output.

Essentially, I need a report to output items of data on one row but the output currently is on multiple rows.

Unfortunately, I can't download the XL2BB but I am posting input and output pictures and the text for copy and paste. Also, the cells where the data is located in the input image are just an example. The actual cells can potentially be located anywhere in the document. The end of the document is where there are 10 empty rows?

The challenge is that some of the headers have text on 2 separate lines (See A44 and A45 of the input picture for an example). Also, the other challenge is that each row of the output will have to have the result of whatever is after the "CS:" until the next one appears in the report input (see A43 and A58 input picture for an example).

Except for the colors that I added, the input report looks the way it does because I 'select all' cells and 'clear format' to remove any merge of the document.

I really only need the code for the first couple of columns and I can figure out the rest but if you want to provide all the code, that's fine as well.

Input Image:
Input.png

Output Image:
1. Output should be placed in new tab
2. color coding is not necessary.
3. columns that are the width of the longest text is preferred - no more though
4. dates should be converted to date format and where amounts are (rather than numbers) should be in dollar format

Output.png

Text:

CS: B
PlanComponentC NumberProjectEstimatedType ofSPlannedProjectProject Officer /
No.TitleAmountActionReleased DateDateManagerPh. #
220625GHICN/ANew Project12345New44813MeAnother Name
RNumTypeRFC Due DateRFC Rcvd DateR Rcvd. DateC Amount
123---44751
Status/Remarks:Exercise
Total R for 220625: 0
CS: A
PlanComponentC NumberProjectEstimatedType ofSPlannedProjectProject Officer /
No.TitleAmountActionReleased DateDateManagerPh. #
220625GHICN/ANew Project12345New44813MeAnother Name
RNumTypeRFC Due DateRFC Rcvd DateR Rcvd. DateC Amount
324---44751
Status/Remarks:Exercise

CSPlan No.ComponentC NumberProject TitleEstimated AmountType of ActionS Released DatePlanned DateProject ManagerProject Officer / Ph. #RNumTypeRFC Due DateRFC Rcvd DateR Rcvd. DateC AmountStatus/Remarks
B220625GHICN/ANew Project12345New44813MeAnother Name123---44751Exercise

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Very easy . I can give formula approach as a template that will organize data so that you can paste it into other maintained workbook . If interested kindly share Excel file

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Very easy . I can give formula approach as a template that will organize data so that you can paste it into other maintained workbook . If interested kindly share Excel file
With a formula approach, I will have to download the weekly document and then add the formula cells to a new tab - which is a lot more manual than I wanted. I would rather use a VBA approach.

Unfortunately, I can't upload the file but I can upload a slightly similar file. How do I upload the file?

Upvote 0
With a formula approach, I will have to download the weekly document and then add the formula cells to a new tab - which is a lot more manual than I wanted. I would rather use a VBA approach.

Unfortunately, I can't upload the file but I can upload a slightly similar file. How do I upload the file?
No . You only need to dump.the data the rest will be visible in another clean sheet

Upvote 0
You will need to upload the file to a share site, mark for sharing & then post the link you are given here.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back