UK Bingo cards

craigey1

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Apologies for asking for so much help on my very first post here.

I've been searching all over for a solution to be able to produce a UK style bingo card within Excel using formulas or VBA, but so far have only found code that's capable of producing singular games rather than a set of 6. I've searched here & seen that the question has been asked before, but so far no-one seems to have been able to come up with a solution. I thought I could look at randbetween() to generate the necessary numbers for each column, but couldn't see how to then comply the required game layout rules. I really don't know where to start with this. I'd normally try & then ask for help when stuck, so here I am!

The UK bingo games use numbers 1 to 90 (including 90) with the numbers split across 6 games of 3 rows by 9 columns. The number 1 to 9 would appear in the first column, 10 to 19 in column 2, 20 to 29 column 3 & so on until the 9th column which also includes the number 90. All numbers would only appear once across all 6 of the games & each box has 5 blanks across each row & can have 0, 1 or 2 blanks per column.
In summary:
1. A bingo 'card' is a set of 6 individual 3 x 9 grids, stacked vertically, which contain the numbers 1-90
2. The numbers 1 - 9 (9 numbers) are in the first column and 80-90 (11 numbers) in the 9th, the intervening columns (2-8) contain 10 numbers each.
3. An individual box has 15 numbers, 5 per row and between 0 and 2 per column

I'd appreciate any help with this as was hoping to generate cards for friends / family during the lockdown.

thanks in advance

jumbobingoticket-jpg.10662

Attachments

• JumboBingoTicket.jpg
    JumboBingoTicket.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 3,250

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
I haven't updated mine with the latest code but if you want a head start, here's a dropbox link to the one I'm using.

Bingo in Dropbox

It's been a while since I've used Dropbox so any issues let me know.

This runs fine on 2010 and 2016 Excel version.

Thanks to @lrobbo314 for the code, I'd have never got it running otherwise :)
Sorry bud. This didnt work for me. Its like everything stop working on it..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back