Unable to apply Conditional Formatting on large number of cells with empty cells in between.

omairhe

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all,
I would like you to test this problem and possibly come to a conclusion. First I want you to type 40 in cell A1 and apply conditional formatting to it, for instance Data Bar . A2 will remain blank and without Conditional Formatting. Now I want you to copy A1 and A2 simultaneously and paste it till A1000. I do notice that CF works in this fashion if I paste the figures down until row 759 . However, past this row and the formatting will no longer work all though they are applied. I have my data exactly like this where I would not want my CF to be applied on every 2nd row, (eg A2, A4, A6, A8 etc. and it is more than 900 rows.
Is this some kind of an excel glitch? How to resolve this?

Thank you and will appreciate any help.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
1593387393078.png

I just tried this and I don't have a problem with the conditional formatting working? Tested it to 1000 as requested.

Did you enter the conditional formatting for cells to edit yourself or did you use the data bar function?

Upvote 0
Did you enter the conditional formatting for cells to edit yourself or did you use the data bar function?

I've used Data Bar function because of ease of use and unique colors they have to offer.
I tried manually doing data bars but doesn't make a difference.

I've now discovered that I can make it to work for even values only, for instance if you paste the same way up until row 999 , it may not work for you as well. because it is an odd row number. but if you paste it till 1000th row , it will work.
Why so I don't know..

Upvote 0
But what if I want to paste CF on every 3rd row. up til 1000th row. It will not work because 1000th is an even number and I am pasting an odd number (example : A1:A3
But now when I paste till 999th row the values are pasted and the CF is pasted but they simply don't seem to work anymore.

1593411204981.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmeEnne1979

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back