Unable to delete Calculated Field or Calculated Items

cwelch

I am unable to delete calculated fields OR calculated items in a pivot table.
The DELETE button is simply greyed out; when selecting the calculated field or item.

Workbook has no macros, is not protected in anyway.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
you need to select calculated field from drop down selection on top not from list

Upvote 0
you need to select calculated field from drop down selection on top not from list
Hey Sandy666,
You solved that issue so easily, here is a hyper similar one that has me stuck

Office 365 on OSX.
I have a multitab workbook with several pivot tables (I copied them from tab to tab, which I am realizing wasn't best practice, but i digress...)
I had used the GROUP function inside one of my Pivot's to group dates into chunks (Week 1, Week 2, Etc) but something went oddly and it was mi-ordering some of the dates. I tried to get rid of it, but it has created what I assume to be a calculated field in my pivot list for all the tables. OK, so just go to PIVOT TABLE ANALYZE>FIELDS, ITEMS AND SETS>CALCULATED FIELDS and then from the drop down at the top of the pop up choose my field and then delete it right....but what if it's not there?

It appears in every pivot table field list (as "Date2") of the pivots that I copied and pasted, on every tab in the workbook. And at no point (unless I fat fingered a KB shortcut) did I actually choose to make this a calculated Field, I was just working with Groups, so I don't know how it got there in the first place.

I have closed/reopened the doc. I have closed and reopened Excel.

I am lost as to what to do. And redoing this is, for me, hours of work to recreate all these pivot tables.

Any advice?

Upvote 0
try to refresh pivot table but if it doesn't work try to re-created pivot from the beginning

Upvote 0
try to refresh pivot table but if it doesn't work try to re-created pivot from the beginning
I've refreshed all of them repeatedly to no effect.

So you have no idea why a calculated field would not appear in the drop down list of calculated fields?

Upvote 0
My idea is create pivots from the beginning with fresh cache
I really don't know what you did there before you got "calculated field which doesn't exist"
I prefer theory in practice what is not possible now

Upvote 0
sounds like data grouping needs to be removed
try right clicking from one and Ungroup

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAT RG

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back