Unable to find macro

DougStroud

I am on a Mac, using Excel 2011.
I purchased a workbook which is a simple invoice with a macro to calculate; item totals, qty ordered, sales tax, deposit, payments, etc... I switched around one of the cells that was incorrectly ordered and is auto-calculating a negative number. I need to alter this to a positive number. When I open up macros, the dialogue box shows no macros in the current worksheet, or workbook. I also looked in the cell to see how the cell was formatted to see if that was the issue, but alas the cell still returns a negative number when I manually enter a positive number.

Any thoughts in how to correct?

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
If it's being done via code, then you will need to modify that code.

Upvote 0
If it's being done via code, then you will need to modify that code.
I disabled the macro upon launching the sheet and that did in fact correct the issue. How do I find the code? I have attached screen shots showing that the worksheet has no macros, but it does? How do I proceed?

*edit- My uploads are not displaying.

Upvote 0
When I open up macros
With the above do you mean when you open the VB Editor or click on Macro's in the below image?
1607178384678.png

Upvote 0
With the above do you mean when you open the VB Editor or click on Macro's in the below image?
View attachment 27333
I am going to "Tools" on the file menu and then selecting "Macro" >> "Macros" and a dialogue box opens. I wish I could upload an image. The button is there, but after it uploads it does not present in my post.

Upvote 0
It's probably using what's called Event code, use Alt F11 to open the VB Editor and double click the name of the project

Upvote 0
Solution
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fenes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back