Unable to locate XLUSRGAL.XLS

alf_gon

Hi folks,

After having defined several user-defined graphs I have the resulting excel to end users. Obviusly they don't see the graphs as me becasue they don't have the user-defined graphs in its Excel. The Excel manual explains a method to avoid this issue: share the XLUSRGAL.xls (where user-dephined graphs are suppose to be saved) to end users.

My main issue is that I have spent two days looking for this file and I'm not able to find it. I 'm sure that Excel is saving the user-defined graphs in some place but I am being crazing trying to discover where...

Please, I would be very grateful if someone could help me.

Alf

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Click the start button, goto search. (Also accessable by simply pressing "windows key" & "f". Click all files and folders, and search for XLUSRGAL.xls. If you do not find it, you probably haven't got one.

Upvote 0
I don't find it

I know that it seems not possible but I haven't done this search severals times with no result. However, I'm sure that the user-defined charts must be saved somewhre because every time I open a excel file from scratch I can see the user-defined charts that I have previously defined in the graph-chart assistant.

If I open the visual basic editor I can see a VB Project named XLUSRGAL.xls, but this file doesn't exist in my PC. Am I becoming crazy?

Alf

Upvote 0
Maybe it's on a shared drive... Did you try searching them? Also make sure you have your folder options set up so you can see hidden and system files.

Another thing real quick... Tp m,y knowledge there are not any add in's that should show up named XLUSEGAL in your VBA, so t might not be what you think it is. Also if you are searching for the name make sure you are searching for the name that is in parenthasis. The non-parenthetical name is the project name.

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot

Hi,

I finally found it. As you well said it's necessary to uncheck the option that hides the files protected by the SO (I don't understand what relationship has the XLUSRGAL.xls file with the OS) to found this damned file.

Thanks a lot!!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back