Unable to record - New WB

Dexter666

Hi, I know that there has been some old threads about this, but none of them solved the problem. In the last time, my installation of Excel began to pop-up the ugly message :eek: "Unable to record" when I click on the record macro button (even when a new Workbook is the only one opened) and try to record it in the PERSONAL macros sheet. Then the macro will be recorded so it's rather annoying then causing a real problem, but I would like to know the reason for that and fix it. I tried these steps:

HTML:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/password2007.htm

but it didn't help.

Excel Version is 2007 SP2 12.0.6554.5001
I am running Windows XP SP3
The PERSONAL.XLSB file is in his common folder (and the Read only option is unchecked).

Anyone got this same problem? Thank you for advices.

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Try using Unhide to unhide the PERSONAL workbook. You should be able to unhide from any workbook using View - Unhide

Upvote 0
This error is new to me. I might try copying my macros to a text file temporarily, killing the old personal workbook, and starting a new one. I usually let Excel create it for me (by just beginning a recording and choosing Personal workbook as the "create in" destination). Then put your macros back into the new personal workbook you've created.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back