Unable to set a worksheet to Visible

jhol4

Board Regular
I have an auto open macro that automatically take you to a sheet, then when you click on continue it will hide the sheet and take you to an index page.

My problem is that all of a sudden, this just stopped working. It started debugging at the 'Sheets("Disclaimer").Visible = True' command. Even when I try to manually set the sheet to visible, I get an error message saying "Unable to set the visible property of the worksheet class"

As I said, I have never had problems with this before, and the model just started doing this for no apparant reason.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Try this line just for the heck of it and see if it solves anything:

Sheets("Disclaimer").Visible = xlSheetVisible

Upvote 0
Just in addition to this, I seem to have lost the ability to do a lot of editing type stuff. When I click on the Format->Sheet menu, the only available option is 'Background'. Or when I right click on the sheet tab, the only options are view code or select all sheets.

Something has gone horribly wrong here!

Upvote 0
Post all your code, and make *sure* you have the sheet tab name spelled exactly the same way as how it is spelled in the code (though you'd get a 9 error, just thinking out loud). Maybe someone can spot something in the code. Also, tell us what version(s) of Excel are being used.

Upvote 0
Maybe the macros are being disabled, or not enabled, by system or network settings? Maybe events are disabled?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCTeacher

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back