Unable to unhide rows

gwladys

I've added some print macros to an excel file, and they seemed to be working well. We might not want to print all rows in a range, and frequently hide redundant rows.

However, on testing my colleague has discovered that once a row is hidden, it can't be unhidden the same way. The row(s) can be displayed by double-clicking at the row boundary, but they display at the default height, so technically the row might not be hidden.

I've taken off frozen titles, although this file has had them for ages without issue. I've deleted all the macros and saved the file as non-macro-enabled.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
The row(s) can be displayed by double-clicking at the row boundary, but they display at the default height, so technically the row might not be hidden.
All hidden rows are just rows with a height of zero.
discovered that once a row is hidden, it can't be unhidden the same way.
How are you hiding and unhiding them

Upvote 0
Hi MARK858,

The way I hide them is to right-click on the row number and on the context menu select Hide.

Upvote 0
So when you are unhiding them are you selecting the entire row from the visible row above to the visible row below the row you want to unhide and Right-clicking and clicking unhide? and this is not unhiding the row?

Upvote 0
That's correct. Nothing at all unusual about this process, nothing any different from the procedure used over the last thirty years.

A new version of the file is created every day from a template, changing the date and the filename. Everything else is unchanged. I've gone back a few days and recreated a new template by clearing out data specific to that date. File hiding and unhiding works as before.

The only difference now is that the new print macros and also some checkboxes relating to these macros have been taken out. There some long-standing print macros already on this file.

Upvote 0
So the new file is working correctly? if yes on the old file have you checked the Review tab to check if any protection has been put on? and are there no sheet macro's?

Upvote 0
The new file is working correctly, but this is effectively a copy of an older file.

The old file is the one that is not working that contains macros and checkboxes. On neither file is there any protection enabled, either sheet or workbook. I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with "sheet macros". The working (new) file already has several macros enabled that have not caused any issues. But even removing the new macros and checkboxes does not cure the problem.

Upvote 0
Does the old file have anything hidden via the autofilter, or advanced filter?

Upvote 0
I had to start again with a new template, did everything exactly the same and this one works perfectly. I guess this will remain a mystery...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cybersurfer5000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back