Unable to view vba project?

Premanshu

Board Regular
Hi,

I have been sent a file to work upon..... it has a macro in it which i want to look at....

but when i try to open the vba project of this file a pop-up appears saying "project is unviewable".... it does not asks for any password also.....

I contacted the person who sent it to me and he said he never put any password to the vba project of the file .... he is also unable to see the project...

can anyone please tell me why I am getting this.... and how to open the project in vba....
how can it become unviewable when the creator did not put any kind of lock or protection to it... and had it be done the project should have atleast asked me to provide any password to view the codes..... please help...

Regards,
Premanshu.

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Is the workbook a shared workbook?

Premanshu

Board Regular
:)> thank you very veryyyyy much Peter :)>

you are simply awesome.....

it was a shared workbook... i made it unshared and it allowed me to look into the project...

thank you sooooo much once again...

have a very gud day :)

Regards,
Premanshu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pettel

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...