Unfreeze panes not working

r0bism123

Board Regular
Hello,

I'm having an issue unfreezeing panes throughout multiple pages of my workbook. I've unlocked the workbook structure and all of the sheets in the workbook and the freeze pane icon remains greyed out.

I researched other threads on this issue and I verified the workbook is not protected, there is no split screens on any of the sheets nor am I in Page Layout View.

What is interesting, under File --> Info --> Protect Workbook, there is a yellow box and it says, "The Structure of the workbook has been locked to prevent unwanted changes, such as moving, deleting or adding sheets." It seems to be permanately locked for some reason. I've tried 100 times to unlock the workbook structure via Review --> Protect Workbook and under File --> Info --> Protect Workbook --> Protect Workbook Structure.

Any ideas to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

error.jpg

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Your sheet might ha e a password set to it, that could deny you from changing the layout (un/freeze panes).

No, all of the tabs and the workbook structure is unprotected. I even saved this as test file and deleted every tab and module in the workbook. Sheet81 is unable to be deleted which is where I believe the problem lies. If I could just delete that sheet, I think I solve my problem here.

Upvote 0
Are there external workbooks / databases linked to your excel file? Or is there a VBS script that could open this database? That might have blocked your file as well if the linked file is still open, or the VBS is still running.

Upvote 0
That shows that your workbook has become corrupted, it's not a sheet it's another ThisWorkbook module.

Upvote 0
Are there external workbooks / databases linked to your excel file? Or is there a VBS script that could open this database? That might have blocked your file as well if the linked file is still open, or the VBS is still running.

No, there is nothing in this file. I deleted everything and sheet81 still remains. It's very odd.

Upvote 0
Not that I'm aware of unfortunately. There maybe add-ins available to do that, but couldn't say for certain.

Upvote 0
Not that I'm aware of unfortunately. There maybe add-ins available to do that, but couldn't say for certain.

My fix was to move/copy all of the tabs from one workbook into a new workbook file.

Then, I needed to bring my VBA over into the new file and make sure everything worked. Took about 2 hours night.

The second ThisWorkbook “sheet81” turned into a normal sheet and I was then able to delete. Freeze panes works like a charm now. ??

Upvote 0
Glad you got it sorted & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back