ungrouping picture

someka

Hi everybody,

Currently i am working on a data map project, in which i am trying to change the colors of each city depending on the criterias i give before. There are sales quantities of the cities and when i push the macro button it will give different colors to the cities seperately depending on the quantity intervals which i defined beforehand. I wrote the macro, the excel works fine but my problem is with my map. Currently i have a very old map. And i think the man who created the map is managed to draw the each city one by one with the drawing tools of excel! So that i can use each city as an object, i can give "name"s to the cities for my macro to work etc. But now i want to use a new good loking map.

In this manner, i want to import a bitmap (or gif - jpg vs.) map image into the excel and want excel to ungroup the whole map into the city parts. At the moment, when i try to ungroup the image, it says "it is a bitmap you can't convert" (or sth like that..) In the microsoft official web site they say that "you have to edit your bitmap image with another software than try to ungroup with excel". Thats ok, i tried with ms pain 3.3 and gimp softwares; however i couldnt find how to edit the image in order to make excel able to ungroup it.

In gimp software for example, with a wizard wand tool (or fuzzy select tool) i can select the cities seperately which is cool. But after selecting the cities, i dont know how to import them into the excel. When i copy & paste the seperately selected cities into the excel sheet it puts the all cities together just like a whole map. Nothing changes.

I dont have a photoshop by the way. And i dont think that this is an issue which ms paint or gimp can not solve but photoshop can. I think there are some other ways around (which i dont know for sure) like image splitters etc.

Is there anybody out there to help me?
Any suggestions will be very appreciated. I got crazy with searched on the internet.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Hi,

dont know if this helps, but you can get the X & Y coordinates of the MouseUp event of a picture control (or any control for that matter)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back