Unique Rank - Dynamic

The Gent

Board Regular
Good day,

I am trying to build a ranking formula into a workbook. I want the ranking to be dynamic across four columns though and I am running into difficulty.

Formula for one column:
Excel Formula:
=RANK($AE9,$AE$9:$AE$497,0)+COUNTIF($AE$9:AE9,AE9)-1

Formula for four columns, I get stuck after the SUMIFS:
Excel Formula:
=RANK(SUMIFS($AE10:$AH10,$AE$8:$AH$8,Sheet1!$E$2),$AE$9:$AE$497,0)+COUNTIF($AE$9:AE10,AE10)-1

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
I don't think that sumifs will be the right way to go about it. Could you post a small sample please (4 columns, 10 rows) and include the expected results to show how the data in the sample should be ranked.

Upvote 0
I don't think that sumifs will be the right way to go about it. Could you post a small sample please (4 columns, 10 rows) and include the expected results to show how the data in the sample should be ranked.

Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
H3H3='[Revenue Analytics Dashboard v4.xlsx]HiLo Analysis'!$H$6
D4:G13D4=SUM(#REF!)
H4H4=RANK($AE4,$AE$9:$AE$497,0)+COUNTIF(D4:$AE$9,D4)-1
H5:H8H5=RANK(SUMIFS($AE5:$AH5,$AE$8:$AH$8,'[Revenue Analytics Dashboard v4.xlsx]HiLo Analysis'!$H$6),$AE$9:$AE$497,0)+COUNTIF(D5:$AE$9,D5)-1
H9:H13H9=RANK(SUMIFS($AE9:$AH9,$AE$8:$AH$8,'[Revenue Analytics Dashboard v4.xlsx]HiLo Analysis'!$H$6),$AE$9:$AE$497,0)+COUNTIF(D$9:$AE9,D9)-1
Cells with Conditional Formatting
CellConditionCell FormatStop If True
H4:H13Other TypeColor scaleNO
G4:G13Other TypeColor scaleNO
F4:F13Other TypeColor scaleNO
E4:E13Other TypeColor scaleNO
D4:D13Other TypeColor scaleNO

Upvote 0
So in H3, it's referencing a drop down list on another sheet. I want column H (H4 down) to select a column based on H3 and then rank the values.

Upvote 0
I'm not seeing it from the example because you left your non working formulas in there instead of entering the correct expected results as I asked for, this is based purely on the original formual and additional information in post 4 which has given me a better picture of what you are attempting to do.

Excel Formula:
=RANK(INDEX($AE9:$AH9,,--RIGHT($H$3)),INDEX($AE$9:$AH$497,,--RIGHT($H$3)),0)+COUNTIF(INDEX($AE$9:$AH9,,--RIGHT($H$3)),INDEX($AE9:$AH9,,--RIGHT($H$3)))-1

Upvote 0
I'm not seeing it from the example because you left your non working formulas in there instead of entering the correct expected results as I asked for, this is based purely on the original formual and additional information in post 4 which has given me a better picture of what you are attempting to do.

Excel Formula:
=RANK(INDEX($AE9:$AH9,,--RIGHT($H$3)),INDEX($AE$9:$AH$497,,--RIGHT($H$3)),0)+COUNTIF(INDEX($AE$9:$AH9,,--RIGHT($H$3)),INDEX($AE9:$AH9,,--RIGHT($H$3)))-1

This works perfectly :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camelliaCase

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back