Unsure how my Macros have made my WorkBook over 20MB?

donnabee

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Workbook Here - WARNING it is 20MB plus

I have been (attempting to) clean up my workbook this morning, it is really large and takes a while to open, save and then close.
I found some "solutions" online and tried them (compiling VBA, disabling macros, enabling again, deleting formatting not required etc)
It's not really an option to split the worksheets in the book and create another book.

The workbook takes a while to open, save and close again.

Have I done something weird with the Macros? Do I have things where they should not be?

Last edited:
I have taken all of your suggestions and implemented them, and I thank you for taking the time to reply with solutions.

The workbook is used to assess flood damaged roads, using the greed/yellow/red traffic light system to denote the start, evidence and end of treatment.
I'm trying to streamline the process, before making this workbook every row was selected and coloured by hand and it took way too long.
With automating a lot of the processes I also hope to remove the human error portion of the assessment.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other suggestions, what you have offered so far has been incredibly sound and valuable.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Glad to help
Make sure your CF is also only affecting the required rows.
I note it also went to 22000 rows, so could be cut back considerably

Upvote 0
I also noted that the deleting of the "BLANK" worksheet, reduced the file size by 26Mb
AND your CF is duplicated....get rid of a set of the g/y/r CF's

Upvote 0
My CF never behaves. It duplicates itself, adds rows - you name it, it randomly does it!
I've reduced BLANK drastically, and it has definitely helped. I can't believe I was blaming the macros!

Upvote 0
it looks like your applying the same formula to 2 sets of ranges. Why not simply use 1 set of ranges
1678755468675.png

So, just apply the formula to $A$2:$AD$20550....except not 20550, of course

Upvote 0
Trust me, I have only applied it once, I don't know how or why it duplicates itself.
I am constantly opening CF and deleting unwanted rules and editing the rules I have in place that have changed for no reason at all.

This morning I changed all 3 to:
=$A$2:$AD$5000

So I had 3 rules in CF at 8am, and that was all.
The screenshot I just took now at 15:48 shows a very different story.

I would LOVE to know why I suddenly have loads of rules, and why they start on weird rows and end at a range I didn't ask for.
My CF never stays as I made it, it ALWAYS changes and I can't make it stop.

Attachments

• CFWTF.jpg
    CFWTF.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
I also think the problem is that you are trying to apply teach rule to an entire block rather than 1 row
=$A$2:$AC$20550
maybe apply the rule to
=$A2:$AC2
Then use format painter to copy to multiple rows.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much, I will definitely apply these changes and look into that video!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danger_SF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back