Update a new table through a form with data from another table

Pettor

Board Regular
Hi All,

A have a table, let's call it ONE and I would like to import data though a form.
I want also the two colums of this table to be filled with data from another table, let's call it TWO, where the DATE and the CODE meet the criteria.
It may sound very easy to some of you but I am not very familiar with databases.

Every help is appreciated!

COLUMS OF TABLE ONE (On the first two columns I want to enter the new data and when these criteria meet the data form an another table I want the columns three and four to be filled with the existing data from a second table)

ONE.DATE - ONE.CODE - TWO.VALUE1 - TWO.VALUE2 - ONE.VALUE3

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
To discribe the project, I want to make a db for tracking my bets.

So I have a table with the offered games sorted by date and code and I want to bulid a new table where I will insert the date and the code and the two teams will be entered to the new table automaticaly.

Then I will fill manually my pick.

I wonder if my approach is right.

C:\Untitled-1.jpg

Hi All,

A have a table, let's call it ONE and I would like to import data though a form.
I want also the two colums of this table to be filled with data from another table, let's call it TWO, where the DATE and the CODE meet the criteria.
It may sound very easy to some of you but I am not very familiar with databases.

Every help is appreciated!

COLUMS OF TABLE ONE (On the first two columns I want to enter the new data and when these criteria meet the data form an another table I want the columns three and four to be filled with the existing data from a second table)

ONE.DATE - ONE.CODE - TWO.VALUE1 - TWO.VALUE2 - ONE.VALUE3

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I would probably say your approach is not right, just due to the fact that you are duplicating data between tables?
Unless the data is likely to change (eg price of an item of an order detail line) then data is generally linked between tables.

I do not understand your logic, but I believe the second table will be linked by the data of those two fields.. So the key in each table would be your two criteria fields. If they match, you get to see the other two fields of data. if they do not, you see nothing?

HTH

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxpro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back