Update bi-weekly timecard

BurtZ

Hello, I've been given the payroll task at my small company. Our time sheets are in excel, which I need to manually update each biweekly period. I am looking for help on writing a macro that will update the dates on my excel time sheet. Here is a sample, sorry it didn't copy over nicely. Thanks in advance!

Pay PeriodFrom:1/8/2017To:1/21/2017
SUN.Date:1/8 MON.Date:1/9 TUE.Date:1/10 WED.Date:1/11 THUR.Date:1/12 FRI.Date:1/13 SAT.Date:1/14
SUN.Date:1/15 MON.Date:1/16 TUE.Date:1/17 WED.Date:1/18 THUR.Date:1/19 FRI.Date:1/20 SAT.Date:1/21

<colgroup><col><col span="2"><col><col span="3"><col><col span="3"><col><col span="3"><col><col span="3"><col><col span="3"><col><col span="3"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Hey

a few questions:
do you want to change the cells in your previous sheet or create a new sheet with the new dates?
do you only have to do the changes once for some template sheet or will you have to loop through several sheets/workbooks and change them all?
can you upload a sample file to some filesharing site and link to it here? It would help a lot knowing the actual cells the dates are in, the formatting etc..

Julian

Upvote 0
Hey Julian,

I have one workbook with ~50 sheets, one per employee. I want to change the dates on all sheets and then on the next period, change the dates again. So, it would have to loop through each sheet...I think?? I will try to save this and re-post later. Thanks for your response.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back