Update Charts dynamically using radio or Checkbox

Jas_au

Hi there,

I need assistance on how I can update a chart automatically by clicking on a radio button or a checkbox.

For eg: I have 5 radio buttons on top ...which says australia, new zealand, japan, usa, canada.

I have a chart below showing sales figures by month..I want to be able to click on a radio button for any country and view only that country's sales.

Pls give some pointers...

Regards,
Jas

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Don't have time to go into a lot of detail...
Your chart pulls its' data from a table. Setup macros that change what the table show using formulae.
Do a search on SUMPRODUCT on this forum. That function is very powerful and can do what you are after. You can have the function reference a cell that your macros can change when clicked. Then your table will change.
Sorry I don't have more time. But do the search and follow the suggestions that have been posted before.

Upvote 0
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the links...Its really helpful. In your examples you specified certains cells....what if there is just a range .....all this data for eg:

Ctry Type Sales
JPN A 801
JPN C100 35
JPN E 570
JPN G 438
JPN J100 72
JPN M 412
JPN N100 8
JPN R 1,061
JPN S 24
JPN T 274
JPN V100 31
JPN X 549

similar data is there for other countries...So if I just click on any country....i only want type and sales data on the chart. and the range also may vary..sometimes few types won't be there...as this updated on weekly basis.

Feedback will be appreciated....

Thanks
Jas

Upvote 0
Make the chart using all of the data. Apply an autofilter to the data, and select on the Country column. This hides other rows of data, and by default an Excel chart only plots visible cells.

Or use a pivot table to extract the data for the country of interest.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back