Update details in the specified month and the rest of the year

ewuchatka

See a data entry form attached which is to be used to track staff movements, changes promotions over time.

http://www.filedropper.com/formsheeteditopttest2-creatingonemastersheetv8forstackoverflow

The data (AssociateData) lists all workers in the team and each worker has a row per month.
The manager of these employees will use the Input sheet to update employees data (e.g. changes of site, change to the role name, job level etc.).
They will firstly select at the top (J1): Period of when the change commenced (let's say March, 2017), line manager and employee name and the form will appropriately change in the range D5:D19.

When you change e.g. job level (D10) for one person this change currently only change for this person for March 2017, but not for future months i.e. April 2017, May 2017.

Any idea what to do to the existing macro code in the file for it to work?

Thanks

Ewa

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Hello Ewa,

At my end ... running the Update macro ... does update the whole Associate data ...

Have you allowed macros to run ?

HTH

Upvote 0
Hi James

Thanks for looking into it. I've been trying to figure it out for the last day but I'm still new to macros so learning.

The macro is working fine, you are right, but it is not doing what I need it to do.
Currently when you do an update, the AssociateData updates only for the selected Month, Year that you indicated at the top on the sheet Input.

But because each employee has a row per month, this means that if your job role changes (from e.g. Officer to Manager) in March 2017, the macro will only update your March entry to Manager but in April/May/June....etc. the old employee's job role (Officer) will appear.

I would be very grateful for your help.
Ewa

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danger_SF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back