Update existing Access tables from Excel using VBA in Access

Cudaboy

Hey All!

I have an Access 2016 database that I want to use VBA in the database so when it opens it updates the table data with data in an excel spreadsheet in a different network folder. this has to be automated for the user. let's just start with a table named "Summary" and I can go from there. I can append OK, but cannot update. No code has been written as yet so I am starting from scratch. Thanks in advance!

You are correct, xenou. Thankfully there is only one user at a time. That user, however, wants to use the laptop in an environment with no network access and still use a networked copy when back at their desk so information can be hand-transferred to other systems. Since I last posted I am thinking about more ways I can alert the user. Like tagging the date/time the last "Sync" was done and storing it in both copies of the databases and somehow using that along with the back-end file attributes to decide which data set is most current. Lots to consider!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back