update multiple pivot table filters containing hierarchy's based on date

rjperket

Any help on this is much appreciated!!!!

I'll do my best to explain what I am looking for,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I have an excel book we use to run a quarterly report which has one worksheet for each of the company's departments<o:p></o:p>
Each of those worksheets has 3 pivot tables for the 3 months in the quarter.<o:p></o:p>
What I want to do is change the filters in the pivot tables based on the userform's change in date automatically using a macro.<o:p></o:p>
The only thing that really changes in this report is the date...<o:p></o:p>
One of the filters is simply a date filter and this selection will be the same in all of the 14 department sheets. <o:p></o:p>
In other words, if the first pivot in Sheet1 is filtered for Jan, then all of the first pivots in the sheets2-14 would also be Jan.<o:p></o:p>
As such, the second pivots would all be Feb and third pivots Mar.<o:p></o:p>
The curveball...<o:p></o:p>
The other filter is much more complicated. The way the data is exported from our database is as a hierarchy, this means that the filter has subsets that go down the tree by Division then Dept then Date then Product Class.<o:p></o:p>
No matter the date, the first sheet will always have the same division and department. The product class will also always be the same but, since it is a subset of the "Date" hierarchy, it changes in each new report.<o:p></o:p>

For example the first tab will always be:<o:p></o:p>
  • Div CB<o:p></o:p>
    • <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">Dept</st1:Street> 1</st1:address><o:p></o:p>
      • Date "Month 1"<o:p></o:p>
        • Classes 102, 104, 105...ect<o:p></o:p>
    • <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">Dept</st1:Street> 1</st1:address><o:p></o:p>
      • Date "Month 2"<o:p></o:p>
    • <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">Dept</st1:Street> 1</st1:address><o:p></o:p>
      • Date "Month 3"<o:p></o:p>
Tab 2 will be as such:<o:p></o:p>
    • <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">Dept</st1:Street> 2</st1:address><o:p></o:p>
      • Date "Month 1"<o:p></o:p>
        • Classes 280, 282...ect<o:p></o:p>
    • <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">Dept</st1:Street> 2</st1:address><o:p></o:p>
      • Date "Month 2"<o:p></o:p>
        • Classes 280, 282...ect<o:p></o:p>
Ideally, I would like to be able to select a single month and have the pivot tables update all three months on all of the worksheets. I would also like to be able to have it recognize the values that it needs to change in the filter that contains the hierarchy.

Thank you for your help!

Ryan

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
P.s. Forgot to include that I am using MS Excel 2003 and the data is coming from an OLAP and is querried automatically when the pivot tables update.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike575

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back