Update Summary Page based on data entered into 5 other Worksheets

dldurbin

Update Summary Page based on data entered into 5 other Worksheets
I have an excel spreadsheet that I am using to track contributions given to our Church. I am needing to pull the contribution data from multiple sheets into a Summary page but have not been able to create a formula for doing this successfully. I have 12 different workbooks (1 for each month of the year) that I want to get a monthly summary for each & then eventually pull the data from the 12 monthly summary pages into a yearly summary page.
I am attaching the file from my Dropbox for you to review & let me know the best way to do this.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0qxkoqplx745ys/test_input.xlsm?dl=0

Can you help?

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
dl,

I looked at one of your files and would like for you to consider consolidating your data from 12 monthly files into a single file. The Summary data you are wanting is very easily accomplished using the Pivot Table function in Excel. If you are interested considering my suggestion let me know and I will consolidate some of your data and develop a Pivot Table so you can see what I am suggesting.

Upvote 0
dl, I looked at one of your files and would like for you to consider consolidating your data from 12 monthly files into a single file. The Summary data you are wanting is very easily accomplished using the Pivot Table function in Excel. If you are interested considering my suggestion let me know and I will consolidate some of your data and develop a Pivot Table so you can see what I am suggesting.
I would like to see what you have in mind so I can see if it will work for me. I use Pivot Tables every day at work & am not sure if it will work in this application. Especially since I am trying to set this up so that someone at the church can just do data entry & not have to know much about excel functions. But I do appreciate your thought & will entertain it to see.

Upvote 0
I really appreciate all the work you have done on solving my issue. After taking a closer look at what you had sent me, I found that it was a great idea which actually was a better layout then what I had been working on. The ideas that you have sent me have made it much easier to perform the tasks at hand. I really appreciate your patience in working with me to get through what I have been working on for months.
Thank you so very much.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back