Update the cell in a spreadsheet from pdf automatically

Jephin

Hi,

Problem - Manual updation of amounts in the excell sheet from pdf is too time consuming and inaccurate

Solution needed - Update the cell in a spreadsheet from pdf automatically

Example - Amount collected from 5 countries, Country A,B,C,D and E. Each country has its own pdf. In each pdf, there will be a line like " Total amount collected - 100.00" or "Net amount - 250" etc. So from the respective pdf we will come to know the totall amount for each country.These numbers has to be updated against the Country name in the excell sheet. In short, Total amount for each state in Excell sheet should be automatically updated from its respective pdf saved in a folder.

Please help me to find out a better way to complete it.

Excell version - Microsoft Excell 2007

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
why are you using pdfs, if it cannot be avoided then convert them to excel entirely then do your data manipulation

Upvote 0
Tanks for the reply.

The pdf will have lot of information..but I need only a specific amount from it...converting ten pdfs into excell then pulling that specific amount and updating excell sheet is difficult..
I can save or print the available pdfs in a folder...then I want that specific numbers has to be updated in the excell sheet automatically from the saved pdf...
I guess you got my point...Once again Thanks for your time...Please help me to sort out this

Upvote 0
once the pdfs are convertedthedata manipulation is quick and easy - what form is the data in BEFORE it is converted to pdf?

Upvote 0
We are getting the pdfs from a database where we will give print option.

If we have 100 pdfs, its very difficult to convert each pdf into excel and pull the needed amount from it. I need a specific amount from each pdf and which should update the excel sheet automatically. This is monthly process where we will have the same type of pdfs to update.

Upvote 0
why are you asking for pdfs from the database- the database CAN export the particular data you want directly into a spreadsheet.....

Upvote 0
I am really happy that you are spending time to resolve this issue.. This is a third party agreement database, where we can't export the data into any formats other than pdf..Its actually Tax returns in pdf format...Based on that return we update the spreadsheet..I think you got my point

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back