Update Value window when use find/replace to change formulas

TMLstan

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a sales report that posts weekly sales data for ten stores - 225 rows with ten columns. One worksheet for each week - week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4. At the end of each month, a macro runs to clear this data, add it to Period To Date and Year To Date totals, then new data is posted each week by the individual stores.

Recently, I created charts which reflect the sales data in the worksheets in different views for better analysis. There will be a different new worksheet for the charts for each week - week 1 charts, week 2 charts...etc. Data for the charts is created by referencing the sales data in the respective week.

I have only created the first sheet of charts. The data used for the charts in 'week 1 charts' sheet references the sales data in the 'week 1' sheet. To create the charts for the week 2 charts, I copied and pasted the data from the 'week 1 charts' sheet into the 'week 2 charts' sheet. When I use Find and Replace to change the references in all of the formulas from 'Week 1!' to Week 2, I get the Update Values window. This will require something like 600 manual steps for me to complete for each of the new chart sheets. I also don't want to have to manually build each of the subsequent chart sheets to reference the appropriate week of sales data.

There has to be a way to do this in one operation. I have tried what Reidlej previously posted in April, 2011 which is to find/replace all = with ##, find/replace all Week 1 with Week 2 and then find/replace all ## to =. It produces the same Update Values window. I have also de-selected "Ask to update automatic links" in the Advanced Options in Excel.

Any suggestions on how I can cut/paste formulas from one chart worksheet to another then update all week 1 references to week 2 without manual intervention or re-building each worksheet for weeks 2, 3 and 4?

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back