Update Values Prompt

mrbox

I attempted to copy the cells (which had formulas) from one workbook worksheet into another workbook worksheet. It didn't paste properly, so I deleted it and resolved to enter the formulas I needed manually one by one. The formulas reference values in other worksheets within the same workbook. The issue is, now, for some reason when I attempt to enter the formulas, I get an "Update Values" prompt and the formulas won't reference the sheets within the same workbook anymore. Is there a way to stop this prompt from appearing? and unlink the workbooks?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.

pbornemeier

In Excel 2007 select the Data tab. In the Connections section the Edit Links button will be active if there are links out of the active workbook. Functionality in the window that opens when it is clicked will allow you to break links.

Same functionality (although acccessed differently) exists in Excel 2003, and I assume exists in Excel 2010.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mark Rob

This Week's Hot Topics