Updating and Merging multiple List spreadsheets??

deebs1229

Hello Everyone, I need help determining the easiest, best and most efficient way to solve the problem I'm facing. I am the keeper of multiple spreadsheets that identify our coming projects for the entire year. There are constant changes, additions and deletions multiple times per week and I'm expected to complete those requests/tasks across each of the excel files. Some entries should appear on more than one spreadsheet, however, at times, I find myself updating one sheet only.

The sheets share some of the same column headings but not all as additional information need for the other sheet.

It would be ideal if I could enter a record once and generate multiple separate reports that still meet the needs of each of the original spreadsheets.

I would love to hear your suggestions.

Sample of the Editorial Calendar, All Section and New Production Section spreadsheets are below:

Editorial Calendar
EditoralCalendar_zps7dd86e1c.jpg

New Production Sections
NewSectionsCalendar_zps9a84867a.jpg

All Sections
ALLSECTIONSCalendar_zps3fd52145.jpg

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Your screen shots are pretty small and hard to see, but let me take a stab at how you might do this.

Option A) You could have a single entry main page that contains all possible column headings as all of the pages, then you complete that form completely. You would then have to write some VBA code that assigned certain columns to be copied and pasted to the other sheets as required to complete the other sheets at the click of a button. This would make it so all you entered is all the information on the main entry page and it would paste all the required data in the required spots.

Option B) You can still have a single entry page that contains a data entry section for each type of sheet you have. Then you pick which sheet you want to update. You would then write a macro for each type of sheet and assign it to a button for each sheet and have it copy and paste the data. EG. if you have 5 different sheets you would setup a single section on the main page for each type with 5 different macros to take the data to the appropriate sheet depending on which button you clicked.

Option C) Mix of the above two: An entry section for each type of sheet with a single button that looks for which section is filled out and transfers it to the correct sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back