Updating formulas in new, copied sheet.

Sanador

Board Regular
I am currently using two sheets to reflect data for one calendar year. The first sheet contains raw data and the second I use as a stat sheet, compiling data into several useful categories using formulas that refer back to the raw data sheet. I've labeled them "05-06" and "05-06 STATS." With the coming of a new year, I can simply create a copy the 05-06 sheet ("06-07") and wipe out the data (except for returning individuals' names), leaving any formulas, and start over. The second sheet, however, doesn't work so easily in that all formulas still refer back to "05-06." There's quite a collection of cells on this sheet performing varying tasks with many different, albeit similar, formulas. Rewriting each '05-06' as '06-07' will take me a week! There's gotta be an easier way... right?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

farnuckl

Board Regular
Hello, did you try using 'replace' It works for me sometimes.

-farnuckl

Andrew Poulsom

MrExcel MVP
Select both sheets by clicking the tab of the first sheet and Shift+clicking the tab of the second sheet. Right click the sheet tab, choose Move or Copy Sheet, seect New Book, check Create a copy and click OK. In the new workbook the second sheet will refer to the first.

Sanador

Board Regular
I had no idea that would jump into formulas. Please forgive the idiotic question! Thanks. :oops:

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maged elmasry