Updating to latest version

Dan Wilson

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day. I'm running Excel 2007 on Windows Vista 32 bit. Over the last 15 years I have created hundreds of Excel files. Most of them right now are in Excel 97-2003 format. I would like to upgrade everything to Excel 2007. All of the affected files are in dedicated folders so that each folder can be updated all at once. There may be some files that are already in 2007 format. I would appreciate a Macro that would do this. Any help will be appreciated.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Why do you want to convert them all? The older versions will continue to run in newer versions of Excel. I have hundreds of old files in the old format, and have found no need to "upgrade" most of them.

However, there are some products out there that may help you do that, if you really want/need to. See: How to Batch Convert Xls to Xlsx | eHow.com

Upvote 0
Good day Joe4. Thank you for taking the time to respond. I understand your point about Excel running old versions. I currently have a macro that "updates" all of my product files in one directory. As my cost of product changes, it is necessary to open each one of over 100 product files to have the internal formulas access the new costs from another workbook. Rather than do each one individually, the macro does this for me. What prompted my request for a master update macro was that some of the product files were created in 2007 format and each one of these files causes the update macro to halt displaying a message about the version difference and requires that I select the option to continue. I suppose that if I went back and manually converted the newer files to 2003 format the problem would be resolved. Another reason for wanting to update "all" of my 2003 formatted files is to prepare all of these files for future versions of Excel and take advantage of improved functionalities.
Thank you, Dan...

Upvote 0
What prompted my request for a master update macro was that some of the product files were created in 2007 format and each one of these files causes the update macro to halt displaying a message about the version difference and requires that I select the option to continue.
Note that you may be able to accommodate that by updating the VBA code in this "Update Macro". If you post the section that produces the error, we may be able to provide some script to get around this issue.

Otherwise, if you want to update all your files, take a look at the link I provided in my previous reply and see if that will work for you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back