Updating Worksheet with specific Vlookup data from a user form

seanjon

Good Day - Here is my dilemma. I have user forms that I am using to keep my inventory updated. I have one to pull stock and one to restock.

I want the userform information to take the data and update the sheet (data), but I need it to be on the same row that the part numbers are on. When they pull stock from a location, I want that location qty to be updated. So, just adding the data from the userform to an empty row will not work.

I need to find the Part number, find the location that they pulled from, or where they restocked it, and update the qty accordingly.

I hope this makes sense and appreciate all help.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
I need to find the Part number, find the location that they pulled from, or where they restocked it, and update the qty accordingly.

Hi,
You have already identified likely resolution to your problem but to offer assistance it would be helpful if you could either publish the code behind the userform or better, place copy of your workbook with dummy data on a file sharing site like dropbox & provide a link to it.

Dave

Upvote 0
1604085948989.png

This is "DATA" worksheet

1604086004394.png

This is the RemoveStock userform

1604086091848.png

This is the code for the userform.

Operators are going to scan the product (it will fill in under "Scan Item Barcode", then they will scan the barcode for where they are pulling it from, and lastly, they will populate the quantity they are pulling. The black textbox's populate based on what they are scanning to ensure they are selecting the right item, location and quantity.

The barcode is a direct translation for the part number of the item, same with the location. What I am trying to do;

Once they hit enter, I want excel to find the row that the part number is on, find that location, and delete the qty from what is there.

So:

Item number scanned - 123123 - location scanned - 13A5B - Qty removing 20. Then I hit enter.
I want it to go to that part number (in this case B2) that location (F2) and subtract 23 from G2).

I dont know how to share this from dropbox, so my apologies.

I hope this is enough info. Thank you in advance for your time and expertiese.

SJ

Upvote 0
I dont know how to share this from dropbox, so my apologies.

SJ

MrExcel provides ability for you to share code using code tags which is available on the toolbar - just press VBA to add the tags & then insert your code between them.
You can also install the the Xl2BB addin to share your spreadsheet: XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode

To share a file which is more helpful you can get a free file sharing utility like dropbox: Dropbox Basic (Free account)

Hope helpful

Dave

Upvote 0
Hi,
link works ok - will take a look asap

Dave

Upvote 0
Hi,

This looks like the type of thing I am after doing.

Have either of you got a copy of the finished workbook please.
I could then alter it to suit my needs, saving me a load of work.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back