Upload Data in Excel File to CSV File Automatically

snaplink22

Board Regular
Hello,

I want to run a power query to upload the data in my Excel file to my CSV file, but as the CSV file is plain text I do not know how to accomplish this. Each time new data is entered into the table in the Excel file I want to add that data to the CSV file.

This is a problem of Google Calendar not Excel or Power BI
You can somehow define data in PowerBI then export to csv but GC should import this file
also you can enter data into Excel then use Power BI to import it then export to csv but there is still problem with GC

Yea that's something I just discovered after your post about Power BI. Seems it's been an issue for several years and users keep requesting that GC provide a live documents option for this type of application. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Thanks for all your help.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
You are welcome

--
you can try with outlook, define there google calendar (as I have) and it works (with refresh of course) - honestly you enter data into GC via Outlook :)
but you cannot make GC (network software) to import data automatically.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
but you can define basic folder where will be this csv (ics) and put there every new csv (replace with old file) then "refresh" outlook
something like with Power Query From Folder, if I put new file to this folder then after open excel file with defined PQ query - it will read new file and show the new data in the table in excel
ok, enough, too much theory :)

Upvote 0
but you can define basic folder where will be this csv (ics) and put there every new csv (replace with old file) then "refresh" outlook
something like with Power Query From Folder, if I put new file to this folder then after open excel file with defined PQ query - it will read new file and show the new data in the table in excel
ok, enough, too much theory :)

Lol I often run too far down the rabbit hole in these scenarios. That's a good option and one I didn't consider, unfortunately, the person that would be responsible to perform that action is not very computer savvy (older gentleman about to retire) and I would worry that he would either abandon it or mess it up.

Upvote 0
it's easy, few steps only and always the same.
I would be more afraid that he would escape boredom

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back